Advanced Surgical Care for Your Pet
Heritage Animal Hospital is proud to offer high-quality surgical care for cats and dogs in Dundee, Ann Arbor, and Toledo, MI, and the surrounding areas. We perform a wide variety of routine and advanced veterinary surgical procedures, with our top priority always being your beloved family member.
At Heritage Animal Hospital, our doctors have a wide variety of experience in soft tissue, laparoscopic, and orthopedic surgery. Our full-service hospital is equipped with medical equipment, technology and monitoring devices. As an AAHA®-accredited facility, we follow strict treatment protocols during every surgical procedure to ensure the health and safety of your pet.
Soft Tissue Surgery
Heritage Animal Hospital can perform surgery to treat various acute and chronic pet conditions, including:
- Abdominal surgery – foreign body removal, pancreatic and kidney biopsies, spleen removal due to disease, gallbladder removal, gastrointestinal biopsies and preventive medicine such as gastropexy for bloat
- Urogenital surgery – spay and neuter, caesarian section, bladder stone removal (cystotomy) and perineal urethrostomy to correct and prevent urinary blockages when needed
- Skin surgery – skin mass, tumor removal, and skin biopsies
- Ocular surgery – eyelid correction (entropion, ectropion and cherry eye), enucleation (removal) of the eye, eyelid mass removal
- Oral surgery – tooth extraction/oral surgery, mass removals and biopsies and cleft palate repair
- Brachycephalic Procedures – Correction of stenotic nares, soft palate resection and laryngeal saccule removal
Heritage Animal Hospital takes pride in providing advanced laparoscopic surgery. Also known as “keyhole surgery,” laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that uses small incisions and advanced endoscopic cameras to perform surgery internally.
Depending on your pet’s individual health needs, laparoscopic surgery can be beneficial to help reduce postoperative pain, improve recovery time, and lower the chance of surgical site complications. We provide the following types of veterinary laparoscopic surgery:
- Spay and neuter – spaying for dogs 20 pounds or heavier
- Laparoscopic Cryptorchid Neuters – neutering for dogs with testicles retained in the abdominal cavity
- Laparoscopic Stomach tacking (Gastropexy) – commonly performed in large breed dogs to prevent gastric dilatation volvulus (bloat)
- Organ Biopsies – Liver, kidney, pancreas, abdominal lymph nodes and masses
Orthopedic surgery for pets can help correct various ailments that affect the bones, joints, muscles, and ligaments. Heritage Animal Hospital provides advanced treatment and care for pets with orthopedic conditions:
- Knee surgery – We offer cruciate ligament rupture repair with the TPLO (tibial plateau leveling osteotomy) procedure using the most advanced plate technology for larger dogs and MRIT (modified reticular imbrication technique) procedure for small breed dogs, as well as surgery to correct medial patellar luxation
- Hip surgery – We perform femoral head and neck osteotomy (FHO) to help with arthritis, dislocation or other traumatic injuries.
- Arthroscopy – Minimally invasive joint surgery for elbows, knees and shoulders including OCD lesions and treatment for elbow dysplasia (medial coronoid process disease, ununited anconeal process)
- Fracture repair – Procedures include appropriate fixation of broken bones to optimize healing
- Joint Arthrodesis
- Limb Amputation
- Regenerative medicine – including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) as well as Stem Cell Therapy
The team at Heritage Animal Hospital will guide you through each step of your pet’s surgical procedure from admission to after care. All pets receive preoperative blood panels, preanesthetic testing, and other diagnostics, including radiography and ultrasound as necessary. We also carefully observe your pet’s vital signs throughout surgery and the recovery period, and we provide detailed instructions for at-home care.
To learn more about pet surgery at Heritage Animal Hospital, please call us at (734) 529-9177.
© 2021 Heritage Animal Hospital. Veterinary Website by Beyond Indigo Pets